Mustard Chicken Bake
Oven baked Dijon mustard chicken Chicken breast smothered in Dijon mustard sauce, topped with bread crumbs, and baked in the oven until golden brown. An easy and very tasty 30 minute chicken dinner the whole family will love. Make double, it is great left over on a salad!
Chicken Breast (use as many as you need)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes if you like spice
- In a bowl melt butter, approximately 1/4 cup -1/2 cup for 2-4 Chicken Breasts.
- Add Dijon Mustard to the already melted butter, I do equal parts butter = Dijon mustard and mix until fully combined. ( optional: add some red pepper flakes for spice).
- In a seperate bowl, add a fair amount of breadcrumbs. I like seasoned breadcrumbs or I use Trader Joe’s Brand. Some like gluten-free options such as corn flakes as a substitute. You can also add grated parmesan cheese to this step for some more flavor if desired.
- Coat chicken breast into mixture one, your butter and mustard bowl. Coat both sides so they are saturated.
- Coat chicken in mixture two, which is your breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 35 minutes on 400 or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. (oven temperatures may vary)
Optional: top with fresh parmesan cheese for the last 10 minutes or when done and serve.