Hey there! Another week has come and gone! Anybody else feel like this month is just flying by!? Planning a 4th of July party and I feel like it’s almost here and I haven’t done a single thing! For those just joining me, I am a part-time hairstylist of 16 years! I catch myself always being asked about hair or products, styling secrets, and all kinds of things in between so I decided to share some tips and tricks for you all in one place!!!
Before I start, I live by this quote and probably say it once day at least! “You wear your hair every single day!”, invest in it! Many will spend tons on clothes and shoes and all kinds of things that you don’t wear every single day! I love a good deal, believe me, BUT hair is where I would suggest splurge or spend wisely. You most often will get what you pay for, from the stylist, to the tools and products! I cannot tell you how many times I am fixing someones hair for more reasons than one! Your skin and your hair are where I will budget very wisely. That doesn’t mean there aren’t great deals, there are! I will share some here as well.
1. Clarify your hair once a week with a clarifying shampoo. This removes all the buildup from products and dry shampoo, allowing the nourishing agents to work. Kind of like exfoliating your face!
2. Never condition your roots! Only use conditioner on the mid shaft and ends. This will weigh you down and if you tend to be oily, it will make it much worse.
3. Sleep on a satin pillow case! This helps your skin and your hair stay put and will reduce frizz.
4. No need to shampoo everyday, you can just rinse and condition for those that insist.
5. Trim you hair often. Split ends are like panty hose, they RUN up the hair strand. TRIM them off. Better to trim frequently to avoid major length loss.
6. Use dry shampoo instead of shampooing! Here are my favorites:
Everyday Dry Shampoo:3 for under $18
Volumizing Dry Shampoo (I like this on clean hair for volume)
7. Don’t touch curly hair with bare hands, this causes it to frizz, scrunch with a towel!!!
8. Use a regular nourishing spray. Keeps the hair healthy. My number one selling product from behind the chair besides my favorite hairspray is this All In One Milk. It is like breast milk for your hair, good for EVERYTHING. A little goes a long way
9. Invest in a good blow dryer. THIS makes a HUGE difference in how your hair dries. It has to do with the direction of the airflow internally, not how hot it gets! Often times they market them ionic and you end up burning your hair!
10. Never touch the tip of your dryer to your hair when blow drying! It is hotter than a frying pan and will burn the hair it touches!
I could go on and on! This is my passion and I have so many tips and tricks to share, I will do more posts in the future ! Stay Tuned and invest in your hair, remember you wear it every single day!
Be sure to follow along on all my social media accounts! You can find my live updates and hair tutorials on IG Stories and join my FB page for daily fun! Have a lovely Monday, cheers to the start of a new week!